Braces require care, as do your teeth. By remembering to care for your braces, you can keep the time you need to wear them, down to a minimum. However, neglecting braces can also increase the duration needed to adjust your teeth into ideal proper alignment. That is why our team here at New Smile Dentistry is happy to give you tips to remember as you undergo treatment to align your smile. These tips include:
– Oral Hygiene: To keep your braces clean, you should still brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily to prevent harmful food particles from becoming trapped between wedges in your braces and teeth.
– Safety Equipment: To protect your teeth and braces, wear safety equipment to suit your environment. This includes mouth guards, helmets, face protectors, etc.
– Appointments: Visit your orthodontist regularly for checkups and appointments.
– Cleaning: Always clean your retainer weekly.
– Food: Avoid various foods and snacks that can easily get stuck between your teeth and braces.
New Smile Dentistry wants your orthodontics treatments to serve you as best they can. To schedule an exam with Dr. or to book an appointment for any of our wonderful services, please call us at (972) 231-9591. Our office is in Richardson, Texas. We look forward to seeing you soon!